The System Administrator position responsibilities include organize, install, and support our organization’s computer system, including local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), network segments, ERP intranets, and other data communication systems, VoIP phones included.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Manage daily operations of the network and ERP system
· System (ERP) administration including user support
· System (ERP) reports and queries (SQL knowledge helpful)
· Purchase and Support PC/laptop/workstation, printers, and all peripheral devices (monitors, keyboards, mice, etc.)
· Network Administration on Windows 2012Server, Cisco switches, firewalls
· Installation, upgrades, and licensing maintenance for Solidworks and other CAD packages (Autocad, Codeware, RADAN)
· Microsoft Office 365 support and Administration (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
· Purchase and support of all networking equipment, including but not limited to cables, switches, etc.
· Backup (tape) of network and ERP data
· Administration of WAP’s (currently UBIQUITI)
· Administration of Star-to-Star phones and system VoIP (voice over IP)
· Develop new strategies and IT procedures to increase efficiency, enhance workflow and improve customer satisfaction
· Protect customer data from outside infiltration through encryption, secure data storage and other necessary means-Firewall -currently Cisco
· Offer suggestions for possible upgrades and changes within the IT department
· Administration of Anti-Virus Software-currently VIPRE
· AS400 Administration
Competency: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Decision Making and Problem-solving skills
· A technical mind
· An organized mind
· Attention to detail
· Gets to the root of issues
· In-depth knowledge of computer systems
· Enthusiasm and positive attitude
· Ability to describe technical information in easy-to-understand terms
· Good communication skills
Required Education and Experience:
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers/fax.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required to personnel so classified.